Looking for a super simple and versatile Halloween word work activity? I created this printable for my reading intervention classes to use on Halloween. During our word work time, I’ll use it with first graders to practice phonics with CVC words, and with 2nd graders to review their spoooooookiest, (most challenging), high-frequency words.
This is a great activity for Halloween or spider-themed reading practice at home as well!
Here’s what you need for this Halloween word work activity:
- A copy of the “Web of Words” printable. Choose from two line options (With or without handwriting midline.)
- Pencil or markers
- Optional: Word list. You could write words for students to “web” and write again on the lines, or let students come up with their own.
- Write a word on the line.
- Use a pencil to connect the letters in the word.
- Repeat until your spider web is complete!