(This post contains affiliate links.)
Heading out on a road trip? Do you have your car packed?
Don’t forget to grab a bookbag and throw in these items for some print-rich entertainment on the road:
- A variety of books for your reader to enjoy independently. Include fiction, non-fiction, activity books, novelty books, etc. Need some ideas? Here’s my road trip book list. Or for more great title ideas, check out my all-time favorite picture books and board books.
- A clipboard
- Paper pads (lined and blank), notebooks or other blank books
- Pencils and erasers
- Magnetic drawing boards
- Pencil sharpener depending on passenger age, and whether you like pencil shavings in your back seat.
- Crayons and colored pencils
- Audiobooks: Here are some of our favorites. (You can also download these from sites like audible.com)
What else would you add to your kit?
If you haven’t already, be sure to download Read and Write on the Road. It’s full of games to keep the little passengers entertained, plus you can sneak in a few reading and writing skills while you’re at it.